Tired of coaches calling you out?
Tired of being ‘called out’ by coaches?
Well… Not entirely. I 100% NEED to be called out where I’m playing small and hiding and I hope you do too – it’s the only way we’ll grow and stop buying into our tired same old stories.
So no, THAT’S not the sort of calling out I mean.
But I read another email this morning which just triggered me. The straw that broke the camel’s back if you will, because I KEEP reading and hearing this message and it’s time someone said something.
The picture of my husband is here in the spirit of all things valentines but largely because this post is kind of about him.
Because here’s the thing…
You writing an email to your list of subscribers making them feel like ‘little girls who need permission’ because they want to speak to their husband before handing you over several THOUSAND DOLLARS for your coaching program, isn’t washing with me.
Like, at all.
I’m not a little girl. I’m a successful business owner actually. I also happen to be married to a man I love and respect more than anyone on the planet. So if I want to discuss massive financial decisions with him, I will.
Now you might be reading this and thinking "Okay Naomi, calm down. Just don’t invest." And don’t worry, I had zero intention of working with this particular coach.
The thought of women reading emails like that and feeling bad about themselves because of wanting to discuss big financial decisions with their nearest and dearest makes me angry.
It’s not a ‘good sales technique’. It’s manipulative.
And if that’s what you need to do to ‘make the sale’, I don’t know what to tell you.
As a Christian woman who works with other Christian women, I feel called to talk on this. Because when I have my clients on the phone in tears talking about the previous investments ‘they kept from their husbands’ I’m guessing it’s because they read emails like the one I read this morning.
Emails which challenge having conversations about money within what’s meant to be our most important earthly relationship are damaging and NOT the declarations of independence I suppose they’re supposed to be.
I don’t agree with wasting coach’s time and ‘hopping on the phone’ with them when you already know their rates and haven’t had the conversations with your husband FIRST. I mean when you get to the end of the call and they ask you if you want to sign up (you KNOW that’s coming, right?) then surely it makes sense to have spoken to your husband (if you have one) FIRST, discussing the fact that this is what you think you’re doing?
So I guess, THAT side of things I don’t blame coaches for writing about to a degree… Definitely don’t use "I need to speak to my husband first" as an excuse if you literally have zero intention of investing. That’s wrong too.
But the thought that a CONVERSATION doesn’t even need to be had when you’re talking about thousands of dollars is just plain wrong if you ask me.
What do you think?
Have you received emails like this in the past? How have you felt about them?
I’m opening up the floor for REAL TALK like this in BIBLICAL BUSINESS ACADEMY, my new monthly membership program for Christian entrepreneurs who want to build thriving businesses without compromising their Christian values or world view.
If you haven’t heard about it yet, here’s the low down…
If you're ready for real talk which gets to the heart of God honouring business whilst talking all things strategy at the same time, step right this way!
- Just IMAGINE you feeling 100% rooted in sharing your purpose-driven work in FULL confidence that there is ZERO sleaze when it comes to you selling your products and services.
- Imagine feeling TOTALLY FREE, having zero guilt around charging for your products and services.
- And IMAGINE recognising that your business isn’t just a ‘nice idea’ but actually, an integral part of your God-given MISSION here on earth.
You don't need to simply imagine any longer.
Here's just a snippet of what you get for your (super affordable) investment:
- Your very own password protected membership site where you already have instant access to hours of content (workbooks, videos, audios slidedecks etc.) All future training will be uploaded here as well - you'll never miss a thing as long as you're an Academy member!
- Exclusive access to BBA's 6-week flagship course 'Rooted' which we're starting LIVE in just a couple of weeks.
- Weekly training and coaching via FB live so that you've got support in your corner almost as soon as something comes up.
- Select your training topics - Request training which you know you need directly from the member's lounge.
- Spiritual Support - This academy will be a super safe place for you to share your prayer requests and I'll be sharing scripture and praying for you too!
- A supportive sisterhood - Accountability will encourage you to take action. Build your business alongside like-minded women and meet your next goal faster.
- Teaching & Training to support your success. I'm a teacher by trade and by passion. I don't want to tell you, I want to show you. That way you'll repeat those same steps again and again in order to have continued success at every stage.
- Plus so much more! (I'm talking challenges and all the real talk you can imagine!)
Click the button below to learn more about Biblical Business Academy and how, if you jump in now, you can snag the founders rate!
HEY! I’m Naomi, Business Coach for High-Level Female Entrepreneurs & Founder of Living Word League.
I coach, write, teach and run programs which infuse practical strategies with Biblical principles (which I personally think is the best rule of thumb for success.) I moved from a 7-year High School teaching career, to building and scaling my business after starting out as a hobby-status blogger in 2011. Within months, I was able to go totally full time and haven't looked back. My success, as someone who previously would have never seen myself as an entrepreneur means that I'm now beyond passionate about business being an expression of Kingdom-building here on earth. Hobby status and inconsistent feast to famine months aren't cutting it for you anymore right? You're meant for a business which has faith as your foundation AND soars with success. That's where I come in.
Click HERE to learn more about working with me.